Saturday, December 22, 2012

It felt like a 1 and 2 punch....

December 14th will be the day that I will remember the most in a long time. I never felt this way before on any day. When I heard the news, you could probably stab me in the back or the stomach. It was so wrenching and so heartbreaking that I really couldn't fathom how someone would have the mind would kill innocent kids at a elementary school. Yes! An elementary school! I have a one year old daughter and thought in my mind said, this can't be happening. Then I said, yes it is happening and it has happened before but no action.

Every blame that I see is about everything from the movies that is out there, music lyrics, violent video games and some peoples (including politicians (smh) ) says the answer is not let guns but MORE guns! Really! Is that going to solve anything? I don't think any children want to go to school that feels like a prison. As an American I do belief that it is okay to have a gun, but NOT an assault weapon. In my childhood, I went through my dad's dresser near the bed and I saw a small gun there. I didn't ask and I didn't tell. I was scared to death seeing that. I should have asked about that but I don't think my dad was willing to tell or just say "Get away from that dresser."

What can we do? Can you say mind illness? Could be however I am not saying. Our decaying culture of what great it used to be? Maybe. Something has to happen from our president to our congress. Our congress is decaying and it is not going to get anything done unless something happens and I hope this is it. Something has to happen. This was a new low in my nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment