Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What to do..what to do...

Well today, my contract with my carrier is up and now it comes to decide what to do. I have been using both of these phones during my tenure. I gave my wife the Android phone due to my impulse reaction on charging the battery all the time due to the apps and my persistence to check out on a normal basis. These are both Nokia phones and they always the best when it comes to call quality. The one on the left is a E71x that my wife bought from a friend to replace a Blackberry Flip that she had issues. The one on the right is a N97 that we got in the Philippines back in 2010.


The Nokia N97 was good at the time but now since the apps are taking more memory and install on the phone memory rather than the mass memory, I can't use much apps and it is slow due to the apps taking over most of the phone memory. The speaker on the phone loses volume no matter despite being on maximum volume. Despite all of this, I have to keep rebooting and hard reboot just to clean apps up that I decide not to use. I plan to keep on using the phone as a GPS since I do like the Nokia Maps as a GPS.

The question is now, what phone to get next. I have looked around at places and checking out phones what to get. When we bought the Nokia N97 in the Philippines, they had a lot of selection that we didn't get. Anything from Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson are there at your fingertips. I haven't seen any Sony Ericsson phone in the US for years. If we get a iPhone, then we have to think about if we really want to switch to a difference carrier since only AT&T, Verizon and Sprint offer iPhones or stick with T-Mobile and get any Android or Windows Phone that is out there even those 3 carriers sell them too. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment