Monday, November 12, 2012

One week later....

It has been close to one more week since the election, and I really can't get over the feeling since. It is the first time in my life that I felt a sense of something that I never experienced. Call me crazy but America is changing and it is not going to be the same anymore that I used to see it as. Lets face it, we are a multinational, multicultural nation with ever person believing in different religions and ideas. People come all over the world just to make a dream and to live it. Just like my mom who came from Germany when she was 4 years old. How about that?

It has been over 10 years since 9/11 and I am weary about war. I am weary of people hating people just because of a different faith or race. I am weary about the Republican party due to their extreme and bigot statements and not able to compromise. I am weary of people that go on hate crimes just because they are "not American." I am weary about people saying that the election was a "tragic day" and "America died." Pearl Harbor was tragic, 9/11 was tragic but this election was kind of historic in a way.

The world is changing and America is on to something new. I don't know what it is but that song by Bob Dylan is in my mind. We will survive. We will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment