Saturday, November 10, 2012

Taking the plunge to...Windows 8

I have read a lot press on Windows 8. I have been using Mac's in the home for the last 6 years. I still have a PC around and I am using it today. I downloaded the Widows 8 Preview and installed it to my PC. There was a problem booting it so I though "Oh boy." It worked on my iMac using Boot Camp. So I played around with it. It was a completely different experience than I was used to when it comes to Windows.

I finally made the plunge and put it in my old PC. I have to say I do like the look of it and the experience, it will take time getting used to. That said, I do enjoy it and I do like what Microsoft is doing. They are making a all round tablet and not only give their OS a fresh look.

My Windows 8 Screen

The more I use it, the more that I like it. Although for people that are really used to the previous edition of Windows, it will take time getting use to. There are not much apps to speak of but that will depend if more people sign on. It will take a extra click to get where you want to go, especially if you still want to run programs via desktop. It boots fast and it take less amount of time to get everything ready.

But the one thing I was most impressed with is IE. Yes, IE. I am mostly using Chrome or Firefox but I was impressed how IE is fast and the vivid look of the web pages. It is a good thing that Microsoft made something with different in mind but give it a fresh new look.

I don't know if Windows 8 is going to be a big splash and not sure if more people will make the jump, but it is a good start. I am more curious about Windows Phone 8. If Windows 8 looks promising, then the phone operating system is. Who knows what goes on from here though.

1 comment: